Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Neck of the Woods

Neck of
Neck of the Woods
~ Silversun Pickups
Ranking has gone up in the past 24 hours 199 days in the top 100
4.4 out of 5 stars(59)

New!: $6.99 (as of 11/20/2012 06:18 PST)
64 Used! | New! from $3.37 (as of 11/20/2012 06:18 PST)

Alternative Rock

2012 release, the third album from Los Angeles fuzz-rockers Silversun Pickups, Neck Of The Woods started with a chance meeting when the band stumbled across Grammy-winning producer Jacknife Lee while recording guest vocals for a Snow Patrol track. But Pickups frontman Brian Aubert is quick to point out that pretty much everything about the album - from producer to studio location right down to its found-photo album art - has been serendipitous. For one example of a happy accident, Aubert was surprised to discover Lee's home studio was smack in the middle of the Topanga Canyon woods, minutes from where the singer grew up. "I hadn't been back in years," he recalls. "I thought it would be fun to walk down my old street. It was like playing with fire a little bit. So much came back that I had forgotten about and it was a really emotional experience. I just realized this place and the feelings I had are still ingrained in me."

  • Rank: #56 in Music
  • Released on: 2012-05-08
  • Number of discs: 1
  • Dimensions: .11 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment